The provincial executive power that heads Gustavo Bordet sent to the Legislature a request for intervention to the Municipality of Gilberta town with a thousand inhabitants located about 75 km north of the city of Gualeguaychú in the south of Entre Ríos.
Measure will displace Fabián Constatino from the position of mayor, accused by three women of sexual abuse. One of them, Maria Lujan Aguirrehad questioned that the defendant continues in a place of power in the town despite the tenor of the accusations.
“He’s in a place where, unfortunately, he can get anything. In Gilbert most people have a working relationship or something to do with the City. It is doubly difficult for us. I am very afraid. I don’t deserve what I’m living through,” she said.
The intervention will have an express treatment: at 10 am today the Senate will meet, where the Executive’s intervention project will enter. It will be treated on tables and turned over to Deputies, who will meet on Saturday.
Bordet’s determination was added to that of remove the commissioner of Gilbert, Humberto Javier Salomón, for its close links with municipal authorities. Luis Edgardo Ramírez was placed in his place.
Official sources told Infobae that the Governor’s decision to appeal to this resource that the Constitution enables him was due to the institutional situation of the Municipality. “This couldn’t go on like this”, they expressed to this medium that Bordet’s environment wishes.
The intervention will last for at least 180 daysuntil the procedural situation of the local president is clarified. It is not yet defined who will take charge of the municipality during this special period.
The march of the cause
constantinewho came to the local government in 2019 as a candidate for Peronism, is currently under house arresta measure agreed upon by his defense and the prosecutor in charge of the investigation, Martina Cedres, after violating the court order not to approach the victims or the witnesses in the case. In August of last year a similar episode had occurred that earned him 24 hours behind bars.
Meanwhile, Prosecutor Cedrés is expected to finish rounding off the accusation against the mayor and that next Friday the 20th ask the Judge of Guarantees, Ignatius Telenta, elevating the case to trial. The representative of the Public Prosecutor told Infobae that Constantine’s removal will not impact the progress of the case. The mayor will face charges that could be worth up to 10 years in prison.
On the communal chief still in office weigh three counts of sexual abuse with carnal access. The first of them occurred in 2018, when he had not yet been elected, while the rest took place in 2021. There are six more testimonies that detailed aberrant behaviorbut that are not typified in the Penal Code and, therefore, cannot be considered as crimes.
The local Deliberative Council had voted a few weeks ago a request for the mayor to ask for a license in office, but Constantino continued in office.
Days ago, the “Entrerriana Network of Councilors of the Front of All” demanded that the PJ party authorities that the accused mayor be removed from office and disaffiliated.
“This request is based on his behavior towards society, respecting the principle of innocence that assists him but with the conviction that our space cannot continue to protect attitudes of abuse of power,” the document states.
We would like to give thanks to the author of this short article for this awesome web content
The governor of Entre Ríos ordered the removal of the mayor of Gilbert accused of triple sexual abuse